As you know I love finding new ways to convert over all my traditional household products with natural solutions. Today let’s head into the laundry room, as I share with you seven fresh natural laundry room recipes. These are simple solutions for Springtime clean laundry, and even a tip for those stinky front loading washing machine rings.
I hope you enjoy these natural laundry room recipes. Before you know it you’ll be in the mood for Spring cleaning no matter what time of year it is!
1. Front Load Washing Machine Rubber Ring Freshener
As you know the front loading washing machines can get stinky. I love this simple spray to spritz my washing machine rubber ring and give it a fresh smell.
- Fill a small spray bottle with water
- Add 5-10 drops of a freshening and cleansing essential oil, such as Melaleuca, or Purify blend.
- Shake up the mixture in your spray bottle. (always shake the spray bottle before each use)
- Between washes, you can spray this mixture on the rubber ring of your front-loading washing machine
- Just spray on, leave the door open and allow the mixture to air dry, or wipe clean
You’ll love how fresh your washing machine will smell all the time.
2. Natural Lavender Dryer Wool Balls
You can save money and use this simple solution for replacing your dryer sheets. Once you purchase these wool balls, you can use them for a long time, keeping costs down and giving you chemical-free laundry.
You will need:
- Wool dryer balls. (available here)
- Lavender essential oil (or your favorite scent)
- Add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil to each of your dryer wool balls (you will use 2 per load) right before placing them in the dryer.
3. Simple Vinegar Rinse and Softener
Do you have musty towels or clothes that need some new life? You can simply add vinegar in place of your softener. This will freshen up those towels and musty clothes in just one load. You can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil if you like.
4. Essential Oil Laundry Flu Guard
If you’ve been fighting the flu in your house and want to freshen up your laundry and “de-bug” your linens, simply add a disinfecting essential oil, such as Melaleuca, Lemon, OnGuard Blend, or Purify Blend. You can add 5- 10 drops with your laundry soap to clean and sanitize your laundry. You could also put vinegar in the softener cup as mentioned above for a double sanitizing wash.
5. Oxygen Cleaner & Stain Remover
- 1 cup of water (hot)
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide
- 5 drops of lemon essential oil
Directions: Mix the 1 cup of water (hot) and 1/2 cup of baking soda with a spoon. Stir together to dissolve the baking soda. Let cool down for a few minutes. Once cooled down, add the 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide, and 5 drops of lemon essential oil in a spray bottle. Shake well to combine. This oxygen cleaner and stain remover are great for surface cleaning in your laundry room and home and spot removing on fabrics.
6. Sleepy Time Linen Spray
- Fill a small spray bottle with distilled water
- Add 1 TBSP Vodka alcohol or rubbing alcohol ( this keeps the spray from clogging the nozzle and mixed well)
- Add 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil
- Shake linen spray mixture and use this for freshening sheets, pillowcases
- Lavender has a natural relaxing sleepy time effect that is sure to please the whole family.
This linen spray can be used all over the home on curtains, and other blankets and linens. Just give a light mist, and you’ll have an instantly fresh home.
7. Ironing Spritzer
Fill a spray bottle with a simple solution of water and 3-5 drops of lavender essential oil. Shake to mix. When ironing linens, spritz a bit of the lavender water on before ironing it will not only help get out the wrinkles but also give a fresh clean scent.
I hope you enjoy these seven fresh natural laundry room recipes.